Saturday, May 31, 2014

Rock, Paper, Sacrum...wait, what?!

Paper beats Rock, right? 

The rules of Rock, Paper, Scissors are:

Scissors beats paper. Paper beats rock. Rock beats scissors.

Well Rock not only beats Scissors, but it definitely also beats Sacrum. Read on to find out why...

So I was hiking this weekend after my back healed from my silly back squat injury. (my fault...click here to read about what I did wrong.) 

Naturally, it started raining during the hike down. Now let me make something very clear--I'm not a hardcore hiker. I know, surprising (not). A hike for me is 4 miles...max. 

First, it was muddy...everywhere. I ended up just surrendering and stepping in the mud on purpose. That was kinda fun--not gonna lie.

Then there was THE ROCK. It was shaped perfectly to create a large amount of pain for someone or something. I thought my awesome anti-skid hiking boots could handle that slippery rock. 

Well remember the rules at the beginning? Rock beats sacrum. I stepped my left foot on one side of the perfect triangle. Then, I stepped my right foot on the other side of the perfect tri...

...then BAM!!!

Before anyone could warn me, both feet slipped right out from under me at the same time and my rump battled with the rock of all that is evil. I landed right on my sacrum. 

It was one of those things that was so perfectly played out that it was funny. But, I assure you, it hurt. But, I walked it off with just a nasty bruise, some necessary whining, and sacrum intact.

So remember earlier when I said Rock beats Sacrum?! Ha! I got ya. My sacrum is a beast and beat that rock. Bring it Rock. 

What can you learn from this? 

Have a strong sacrum. Duh. Just do it.

And be careful where you step when hiking. KNOW your limits and don't move faster and step in places you shouldn't to try to keep up with the long-legged folks ahead of you. They'll wait.

*PS, your sacrum is your tailbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment