Thursday, July 24, 2014

Did you say Olympic Lifting? Yea. Sure.

This post took some talking into to write...I mean I had to talk myself into it. I was being selfish and didn't want to share my discovery this week.

Have you heard of the CRCF* Olympic Lifting Class? When I first read that title, I was scared...really scared. I thought, I'm 5 ft 2.5 inches (the half matters) and you want me to lift weight like an Olympian? mmhmm sure. okay.

This week, I had no choice. It was really the only class that worked for my schedule. Busy busy bee. So I sucked it up, grew some proverbial balls, and attended. 

People, it was by far one of my favorite classes. Why, you ask? Because I was able to focus only on technique and form for one of the most common lifts we do at the gym. It was my first class with Da Boss as my coach. Da Boss is so informed, clear, and thorough in his explanations. He is focused and safe and motivating. There's a reason he's gotten the nickname Da Boss, and it's not just because he runs the show. He's so money.

Side note: he makes it on to my list of people I want on my side in a bar fight, along with Batman, Liam Neeson, Thor, and Tom Hardy.

I think the Olympic Lifting class has made it on to my most frequently attended classes list. I love being able to learn so much in such a small amount of time.

So why did I not want to share? Oh only because I didn't want the class to get too many attendees :)

All good things come after hard work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment