What is it about airports that makes you eat unhealthy? I don't get it...
Oh wait, could it be the fact that it is nearly impossible to get healthy food because the options are so limited? Could it be that when you see a Sbarro sign, you salivate? Or is it the fact that if you are going to pay an absurd amount of money for something, it better damn-well be delicious?
I think it's all of the above.
Silly Cinnabon...smelling like heaven. Good thing I'm allergic to cinnamon and physically can't eat it (yes it sucks. I know. It's a sad subject for me).
So I know it isn't fun to be around all the sensationally-smelling overpriced food and beer, but this is when we have to control ourselves. Go to one of those little random side stores instead of a restaurant or fast food chain. Believe it or not, those little side stores actually have some (not many, but some) healthy options.
AND, stay busy while you are waiting. Boredom leads to shoveling food in the food receptacle of your body (well it does for me). Avoid boredom at all costs even if it means you end up being that awkward person who starts random conversations with people next to you. Do it and then tell me the story!!
Those are my suggestions. They don't always work, but sometimes, you can be successful. Trust me (don't be scared).
Happy holidays and healthy travels!!
Also, lets challenge the airports to make healthier food. How do we make this happen? Ideas? Alright no more questions...
Happy Holidays and healthy travels!!
No comments:
Post a Comment