Thursday, February 14, 2013

National Chocolate Day

Okay so maybe Valentine's Day isn't actually National Chocolate Day but it might as well be. I admit it: I'm a chocolate lover. But I'm also female, so it basically comes with the whole estrogen territory. As everyone who was ever born knows, today is Valentine's Day (or Singles Awareness Day)...one in the same. Regardless, everyone should eat chocolate. It doesn't count on holidays, right? Well, maybe not in our heads, but our bodies certainly count it. 

Here are a few tips for chocolate consumption on V-day:

1. Take the Dark Chocolate option. Dark choc is loaded with antioxidants that are beneficial for your cardiovascular system. Granted a lot of foods have antioxidants, but if you must eat chocolate, the darker the better. The dark stuff also has lower amounts of sugar than other chocolates. Definitely a positive.

2. Make yourself drink 5 gulps of water after every piece of chocolate. I promise you won't be able to eat as much...or it will take you a lot longer to eat it.

3. Put the box of chocolates in a different room than where you are for the majority of the time. It will force you to walk to go get a piece, which burns a few tiny calories and also prevents you from eating it if you are lazy enough.

4. Have your better half feed it to you. That will force you to take smaller bites or at least eat it slower. Not to mention it's super sexy (or completely ridiculous if I'm involved.)

5. Dip fruit into your chocolate. If you get your chocolate fix that way, at least you are eating fruit at the same time. Yummmmm.

Now go enjoy that deliciousness. Yes puhhhhlease!

No comments:

Post a Comment