Thursday, March 28, 2013

The "Other" Candy-Filled Holiday

Easter--the "other" candy-filled holiday of the year--is right around the corner.

I won't even get into the level of creepy involved with this holiday (a giant bunny sneaks into the house and leaves candy-filled eggs and chocolate bunnies that we decapitate with our mouths???? Whose idea was this???) Kids love it. I loved it. I still love it...let's not lie.

So let's talk about the how to avoid eating all that candy:

Step 1. Don't buy it. Easy. Save money and calories.

Step 2. If you've got a kid or kids in your life in some capacity, you know as well as I know that it's impossible to not have candy around during Easter. Try to get them interested in darker chocolates rather milk chocolates. At least dark chocolate has some health benefits.

Step 3. Fill the plastic Easter eggs with tiny toys, stickers, playdo, or dried fruit instead of candy. In other words, turn the candy eating into some type of activity or fruit consumption.

When in doubt, default to step 1. Just don't buy the delicious junk.

And I'd just like to add: yay for adults dressed as giant bunnies giving candy to our youth! We are weird...no matter how fun it is...we. Are. WEIRD. I digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment