This is your apparently non-loyal author touching base. I hope you've missed me--I've missed you too.
So this thing called "life" happens sometimes (especially during the summer), and unfortunately, blogging was the thing sent to the back burner.
Now I am back with a great new app to tell you about: GymPact
It's pretty awesome. Here's why...
Basically, you make this pact with yourself that you are going to workout a certain number of days a week. If you don't hit those days, you have to pay whatever amount you agree to. If you do hit those days, you get paid. For example, I agree to workout two times in one week. If I workout two or more times, I get paid. If I workout zero or one time, I pay $5 for each missed workout.
It's genius--you are good, you get money; you are bad; you lose money.
As far as working out goes, you can't fake it. You either have to:
- Check-in at a gym (includes yoga studies, climbing gyms, etc.) and stay there for at least 30 minutes (uses GPS to track this.)
- Use Runkeeper to track your activity outside by running, walking, or biking at least 30 minutes above 2 mph (also uses GPS to track this.)
- Use the brother app for at-home workouts (I haven't used this yet, but I will likely be using it in the winter.)
Oh and don't worry about vacations. All you have to do is go into your settings and "schedule a break". It brings a calendar up and you can tell the app when you will be on a hiatus from working out due to vacations or illness or emergencies...whatever. It then puts your account on hold until you get back/better/whatever.
Go make you GymPact soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment