Day 1: mayyyyyyyyyyybe successful
So my calculations put me right at 30g for the day. The hardest part was the coffee-to-tea switch. I can drink green tea without Splenda, but I can't drink coffee without Splenda. What I didn't realize is how much I depend on coffee mentally. It has been a part of my daily routine for years. At least I can get my caffeine with green tea and I do like the taste...but it's not coffee. Freakin mental addiction. My first big battle will be transferring the positive associations my brain makes with coffee to green tea (and to not get tired for no reason by noon, which totally happened today). As far as other drinks go, I don't really drink juices and I really only drink diet soda with Jack Daniels, which is not common at all either.
Total grams of added sugar: 30
Day 2: praying to the gods of will power
SOMEONE BROUGHT CUPCAKES FROM EASTER TO WORK AND LEFT THEM IN THE KITCHEN FOR ANYONE TO EAT!!! ohhhhhhhhhh emmmmmmmmmmmm geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I hate this person. They look absolutely delicious, and I see them every time I go into the kitchen to heat my tea up again! If I can overcome this, I can overcome anything. Put an angry hulk in front of me and I can overcome him. Today was quite intresting actually. I got home from work and ate 2 string cheese and a slice of 7-grain bread with a bit of apple butter on it (delicioussssssss). Then I ran, cleaned, and watched tv. I didn't list a play-by-play of my evening to be like one of those people who doesn't understand that the purpose of facebook is not to put your daily agenda online for all of your "friends" to see. I listed that because the funny part is...I didn't get hungry or WANT to eat until 9pm. That is SOOO not like me. Seriously--it was like I was a different homo sapien.
Total grams of added sugar: 15
Day 3: tough early, easy late
My tea this morning was delicious...so delicious, I wish I had a bigger cup so I had a second cup of it. (yes, I know that wasn't a real sentence.) The cupcakes are still in the kitchen but they don't look as delicious now. That could be because I don't want them anymore, or it could be that they aren't as fresh anymore considering they were made at least 4 days ago. I had cottage cheese and grapes for breakfast and then some almonds. Totally got hungry by 10am...fail. I wonder if this is my body starting to realize I'm changing things or if it is because I only ate 15g of sugar yesterday? Either way, I'm gonna push through the hunger until lunch time. After work, I just didn't get very hungry. It was very weird. I wasn't hungry and I wasn't craving anything. For dinner I had sushi wrapped in cucumber instead of rice (say what?!) I didn't know that was possible...until tonight. I'm not gonna lie, it's not AS good as normal sushi, but it gets you your sushi fix without the added sugar--worth a shot.
Total grams of added sugar: 14
Day 4: monster in my belly
I woke up this morning to a monster in my belly. A loud, obnoxious, insatiable monster. But I told it to shut up and started my day with some awesome green tea, a banana, and 2 hard-boiled eggs. It did a pretty good job--must be all that protein! Today was the first day I got really hungry after work. Here's the funny thing: every other day prior, my lunch consisted of 4 grams of sugar or less. BUT today, my lunch had 7 grams of sugar in it! I'm thinking that might have something to do with the hunger I felt after work--maybe hunger and sugar are directly proportional? The more sugar at lunch, the more hungry after work? Also, the manfriend made an amazing impromptu dinner. He called it Healthy Fried Rice. A recipe will be coming soon for sure because it has ZERO SUGAR!!! Downside: this was the first evening I had a huge craving for something sweet. But I resisted...win.
Total grams of added sugar: 14
Day5-- Free Lunch Friday temptation
First, I have one thing to discuss. Last night, I had a crazy dream about sweets. I completely failed on this de-sugaring journey in my dream. Basically, I ate like 5 chocolate chip cookies...okay, "ate" is an understatement--I demolished them. Thank goodness it was a dream. I have NOT failed! Today is Free Lunch Friday at work so there is still time to fail. Get this people, I resisted pizza. PIZZA. I said no to pizza at Free Lunch Friday. One of my proudest moments in life. no joke. And I finished my day with the lowest sugar count to date:
Total grams of added sugar: 8
So there is a glimpse into my first 5 days of "Sugar is the Devil". Stay tuned for more updates...
No comments:
Post a Comment