Thursday, May 9, 2013

Squeeze a wee bit o' exercise in

Here's a secret: We are all busy people. We have a lot going on and more to do. We also have to watch our shows...you know the ones: Walking Dead, New Girl, Game of Thrones, HIMYM, Breaking Bad, etc. DVR and other on-demand type of programs have allowed us to watch those shows whenever we want (which is awesome). But now, we are missing out on even more precious time that we could use to do something healthy for ourselves by letting our dinners marinade in our tummies.

Here is my trick: STAY in front of the tv during the commericals and let the commercials play through!

What? You're nuts, Anti-Unhealthy. Stop it.

No. I'm for serious. During each commercial break, do a different exercise:

Push-ups
Crunches
Planks
Squats
Lunges

You can do them in any order you want and however you want. Try doing them in sets of 10 and resting for 10 seconds. Or try doing them on a per commercial basis--hold your plank position until the first commercial is over, rest 10 seconds and go back up until the next one is over, etc. etc.

You'll be sweating by the end. And if you make a habit of this, you WILL notice a difference.

I know it's hard to commit to doing something like this after working all day. I know all you wanna do by that point in the day is sit on your big comfy couch in front of your fabulous tv and veg out. I know. I get it. Me too.

But, it's not as hard as it seems once you get started. Let's not lie, during commercials, we do 1 of 3 things: get a snack, pee, or fast forward. All of those things can wait.

Give it 1 shot and see how you like it.

Consider this your new "fast forward" button for the commercials. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment