Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Beer Bread Deliciousness

Beer!

Bread!

...Just naming 2 of most 20-somethings' favorite things. Alright, let's not lie...2 of most Americans' favorite things.

I don't remember who taught me this recipe, but I will attribute it to someone I met in college. So thank you whoever taught me this.

This is the second recipe in a row I'm providing because it's the season of eating (and giving gifts and being thankful...so they say). Well I'm going to GIVE you this beer bread recipe as a gift and am THANKFUL to whoever gave it to me. Done and done.

Ready? Set? Go!

1. Preheat oven to 375. (degrees that is...375 degrees)
2. Mix the following ingredients:
  • 3 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup of Splenda (I always add a wee bit more than that)
  • 1 tsp of salt (unless it is self-rising flour)
  • 3 tsp of baking powder (unless it is self-rising flour)
  • 1 bottle/can of beer of your choice**
3. Spray bread pan with Pam and pour mixture into bread pan.
4. Melt 1/4 cup of fake butter or margarine and pour it over the mixture
5. Bake for 1 hour and cool for ~15 minutes.

This tastes great with butter spray or low fat cream cheese on it.

Of course if you don't want to go the healthy route, use regular white flour, regular sugar, regular butter, etc. (See what I did there? I used the strike-out tool to deter you from using unhealthy ingredients and encourage you to use healthy ones...brainwashing...no bigs.)

**Good choices for beer are fruity beers and pumpkin beers. One time I used Wachusett Blueberry Ale and put fresh blueberries in the mixture before baking. OMG. delish!

Enjoy ;) 

...and your welcome

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment