Thursday, November 15, 2012

This year I will eat healthy on Thanksgiving...

...said and did no one ever.

As people start planning their gluttonous feasts for next week, take a look at this Livestrong article. It gives ideas for 5 healthy side dishes and a reason for what makes them healthy.

1. Kale with pomegranate molasses and seeds

2. Mashed celery root and potatoes

3. Wheat berries with roasted acorn squash

4. Polenta with goat cheese and sage

5. Quinoa pilaf with pumpkin seeds

This is quite possibly the only list of dishes I will ever provide that I haven't tried first. Just throwin out some ideas for you folks.

Don't forget to work out extra and eat nothing for the next week in preparation for the day that we chow down on all that is in our presence! (That's a joke...don't do it...it won't work...just be normal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment